August 23, 2014
Join ACE Adventure Resort for the 13th Annual New River Gorge-ous Trail Run & Walk. There are three race options – all the courses wander through deep hardwood forests and offer spectacular views of the New River and the historic town of Thurmond. And yes, prizes are awarded.
Half Marathon Run: $30
8.5-mile Run: $20
6.0-mile Walk: $15
Race Day Registration: add $5
Race Day Itinerary:
8:00 am – 9:30 am – race day registration and packet pick up
10:00 am – prerace meeting
10:30 – race start
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm – burrito luncheon for all racers
1:30 pm – awards ceremony
Prize Purse & Racer Perks:
• Cash prizes awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place overall winners for men and women in both the half-marathon and 7-mile races
• Half-Marathon - medals awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finishers in each division
• 8.5-Miler - medals awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finishers in each division
• Walkers – medals awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place overall winners
• All racers (runners and walkers) are included in the gear raffle
• The first 150 registrants will receive the 13th Annual commemorative t-shirt
• All racers can enjoy ACE’s signature burrito luncheon - come with an appetite
Free camping for all racers Bring along the family and enjoy some of ACE's great activities like whitewater rafting, zip-lining or the Adventure Park and Lake. ACE provides free camping to racers so make a weekend of it. We also have a full menu of deluxe lodging options with outdoor hot tubs that are perfect for soaking those sore muscles after the race.
What is Get Down in the Gorge? It’s a celebration of small town living with BIG cultures, and event BIGGER adventures. It’s a day of swimming, laughter and games followed by an evening of dancing under the stars on a New River Gorge mountain top. It’s the perfect ending to a perfect summer. It’s the epitome of awesome.