Directions to ACE Adventure Resort
ACE Adventure Resort Coordinates:Latitude, Longitude: W 81 5' 48", N 37 58' 27" UTM: 491502.47, 4202970.87
*IMPORTANT NOTE: When using Google Maps, Map Quest, OnStar and other GPS units for directions – they will sometimes give the shortest or most direct instructions – these directions may not be the most practical course of action in these more remote areas. Use the following directions when you get close to our location. Any problems give us a call 1.800.787.3982 or 304.469.2651.
Get directions to West Virginia and double check your directions with those supplied below:
From the East via I-64 West (or I-81 South): Take I-64 West to I-77 North and then take Exit #48 to Beckley/Summersville onto US Route 19 North. Drive approximately 11.2 miles to the (East) Main St. exit. At the stop sign turn right (North). Follow directions from Main St. below.
**This is the most common area we have problems with our guests using GPS units. The unit will instruct you to exit I-64 before exit 48, which will increase your drive time significantly**
From the North via I-77 South and I-64 East: From Charleston, WV, take I-77 South / I-64 East to Exit #48 to Beckley / Summersville onto U.S. Rt. 19 North. Drive approximately 11.2 miles to the (East) Main St. exit. At the stop sign turn right (North). Follow directions from Main St. below.
From the North via I-79 South: Take I-79 South to Exit #57 to Beckley onto U.S. Rt. 19 South. Drive approximately 57.8 miles to the (East) Main St. exit. At the stop sign turn left (North). Cross overpass and… Follow directions from Main St. below.
From the South via I-77 North: Take I-77 North / I-64 West to Exit # 48 to Beckley/Summersville onto U.S. Rt. 19 North. Drive approximately 11.2 miles to the (East) Main St. exit. At the stop sign turn right (North). Follow directions from Main St. below.
When you get to the Main Street Exit in Oak Hill, West Virginia, follow the directions below:
From Main Street Exit: Take the first left (directly across from the Little General – BP Gas Station) onto Minden Rd. (ACE sign). It is approximately 2.9 miles to ACE (check your odometer). Drive carefully down the mountain, it is fairly steep and narrow. At the bottom, drive slowly and watch for children and pets as you pass through Minden, an old mining community with the houses located close to the road. At approximately 1.3 miles, veer left onto wide gravel road, McKinney Rd. The road will reconnect with the paved road at approximately mile 1.5. At mile 2.1 you will turn right (ACE sign on large pole) – do not go straight on Rocklick Rd. At mile 2.9 turn left at the ACE Adventure Center entrance and stop by the Welcome Center to check-in.
- Follow U.S. Rt. 19 to Oak Hill.
- Take the East Main St. exit.
- Take State Rt. 16 North. (This will be a right turn if you were traveling North bound on Rt. 19, and a left if traveling South bound.)
- Turn right just before the Little General-BP Station onto Old Minden Rd. (This road is very narrow. Please drive carefully!)
- Follow Old Minden Rd. for 1.1 miles to the stop sign that intersects with Minden Rd. (CR 17).
- Continue through the community of Minden, staying on Minden Rd. and following signs to ACE. (Please drive slowly through Minden. Watch for children and animals.)
- Turn right at the tall ACE pole sign (which keeps you on Minden Rd. - do NOT go straight on Rocklick Rd.).
- Turn left at the ACE entrance and stop at the Welcome Center.