Bridge Catwalk Tours
- All necessary gear
- Overhead Safety cable which you're clipped into while on the catwalk
- 1.5 miles of walking
- Traversing the catwalk of the longest single arch bridge in the western hemisphere
- Stunning panoramic views of the New River Gorge
- New River Gorge Bridge history
The New River Gorge Bridge is a West Virginia landmark. Completed in 1976, it's become the most recognizable symbol of the Mountain State. It's even on the back of the West Virginia state quarter and has recently been included on a US postal stamp! And it's yours for the walking, so tread where falcons fly and take in the view. ACE is one of the premier resorts offering travlers one of the most exciting and unique West Virginia vacations. Experience the beauty of the gorge with us.
Other things to know:
- Trip length: 2-3 hours
- Season: Year-Round
- Minimum Age: 10
- Trip minimum: 4
- Minimum Height: 48"
- Maximum Weight: 285 lbs.
Rate Per Person: $69
Special Notice: Guests must provide their own shuttle. We tried to get the world famous bridge moved to ACE but it was a little too heavey! A short 15 minute drive from ACE, you will meet next to the National Park Welcome Center. The welcome center has great overlooks, slideshow, history exhibits and interpretive Park Rangers. We will make sure you get there.
What to Wear:
- Long shorts or pants depending on the weather
- Strap for glasses
- Closed toed shoes
What to Bring:
- Energy & Enthusiasm
- Personal prescription medication
- Camera (must have a strap)
- Windbreaker or fleece top depending on the weather
The weather can affect what to wear on this trip, so be prepared with a few layering options.