This is a perfect way to spend quality time with family and friends, exploring some of ACE’s and the New River Gorge's historical nooks and crannies with a custom excursion. Our guides will regale you with rich tales of the New River Gorge’s past. We offer trips trips that range from easy historical tours to extreme hiking in the gorge. You can experience spectacular panoramic views of the gorge, waterfalls and the historic ghost towns along the New River.
- Trip Length: Varies
- Season: May – September
- Minimum Age: 6
- Minimum #: 2
- Difficulty: Easy, Moderate to Extreme
|Trip Descrition||Min Age||Trip Length||Season||Rate|
|Heritage Hike||6||2-3 Hrs||May - Sept||$49|
|Full Day Challenge Hike||All Day||May - Sept||$99|
Not available on Saturdays.
ACE Adventure Resort has more than 30 miles of private trails perfect for all skill levels and free for our guests to use. Our trail system hooks up with the National Park Trails giving you endless opportunities to explore and discover why the New River Gorge is a national treasure. Visit remote waterfalls, an active beaver pond at Truman Lake and so much more on ACE's 1,500-acres. There are even a few remote ghost towns you can get to. So if you would like a casual hike or an intense mountain bike ride, we have it all right here at ACE.
What to Wear:
- Each season was its own needs, so be sure to ask questions at the check in for the latest weather etc.
- Long shorts or pants depending on the weather
- Light comfotable shirt with a rain jacket just in case
- Strap for glasses
- Closed toed shoes with socks
What to Bring:
- Energy & Enthusiasm
- Insect Repellent
- Personal prescription medication
- Snack – just in case you get hungry
- Backpack - small enough not to constrict your movement
- Windbreaker or fleece top depending on the weather
- The weather can affect what to wear on these trips, so be prepared with a few layering options.
- Get a trail map at the check in - people have become lost.
- You should never hike alone in this wilderness setting.
- Tell someone what you plan to do and make sure they check on you.
- Be aware of wild critters - bees, hornets, snakes, bears and more.