How about a big whitewater welcome to 2011? Thanks, New Year. January has pretty much rocked so far, but I’m a little nervous.
This is when resolutions fail.
Sheesh. As if going about day to day life wasn’t hard enough, right? And think about this: we’re in the making-awesome-vacations business. That means that, every day of the season, pretty much everyone we meet and hang out with … is on vacation!
Try keeping your resolutions under those circumstances.
Theory has it that going public and admitting you have a resolution problem is the first positive step. Others claim writing it down helps you commit to the promises you make to yourself.
I’m not buying it. Excuses are the worst enemy of the procrastinator. Eliminate those, and you’re really rolling. Er, paddling.
Here, I’ve unearthed 10 tips for successfully navigating the resolution world. Let’s apply them to booking your 2011 visit to ACE Adventure Resort (because, y’know … that’s what we do).
- Be realistic. You need a break and something to look forward to during the remaining months of winter. You have lots of vacations to choose from and you want to make each member of your party happy. ACE offers the programs and options you need to plan the ultimate adventure agenda.
- Plan ahead. It’s not too early. Our reservation staff is available 7 days a week. Book with us now to guarantee the activities and lodging you want. Remember, our deluxe lodging always books early, so get those reservations in.
- Outline your plan. Plan on spending an extra day with us. With more than 50 activities and trips to choose from, you won’t want to miss anything. No excuses.
- Make a “pro” and “con” list. Map out what everyone in your group wants to do. Remember, the kids and a parent can go on a whitewater trip and leave the other behind on the shores of the lake with a good book. Cool? Cool.
- Talk about it. Build enthusiasm; drive your co-workers crazy. Impress them with your forward thinking and resolve to have an excellent vacation.
- Reward yourself. Book meals during your stay and lose the stress of having to plan and feed everyone.
- Track yourself. A calendar crossing off the days until take off will do.
- Don’t beat yourself up. You can add tons of activities once you get to ACE.
- Stick to it. Afraid of heights? First time rafting? Our guide staff is already training and preparing for your arrival.
- Keep trying. Already booked your trip? Returning for another trip with us? Congratulations; you’ve fulfilled a 2011 resolution. We can’t wait to see you.
So, how are your resolutions going so far?