Hello, humanity! For those of you sitting in front of a computer screen somewhere on this planet (or other planets, I don’t want to exclude anyone), this is officially my introduction into the world of blogging.While I am not certain how to go about this, I assume I should start off with a formal introduction. So here are the Top 10 things you should know about me:
1. My name is Brandi Warwick.
2. I manage the reservation office (coordinate the chaos) here at ACE Adventure Resort.
3. I have been in the tourism industry for most of my adult life, if any of us in this industry can actually be considered an adult.
4. I am a West Virginia native and with the exception of 4-5 years of roaming. I can’t bear to be away for too long.
5. I grew up whitewater rafting, fishing, camping and even had my very own zip-line canopy tour as a child (my grandfather built it, my mother nearly had a heart attack).
6. I am a self-proclaimed expert on Southern West Virginia, its history, outdoor adventures, fishing, camping, flora and fauna.
7. I am a married, mother of two who never leaves home without baby wipes and a sippy cup.
8. My truck is usually stocked with a pair of Chacos and a fishing pole. From knowing what bait works best on what river to being able to set up a tent with one arm (child in the other), I am definitely well versed on being a mother who still remains in the outdoors.
9. My half-acre garden flourishes each summer (feeding half the neighborhood) and I pride myself in beating my father to the first ripe tomato each year.
10. My main reason for starting to blog is actually very simple. I want to share my love of West Virginia, its rivers, its mountains, its people, and its history.
I think I have a lot to share, and I sincerely hope some of you out there in cyberspace find it useful. Please feel free to respond, ask questions or if you just want to chat about trout, tomatoes or how to occupy a 2-year-old on a camping trip, that is why I am here.