It’s no secret people love to hop on Facebook to see what’s going on the world. The white water rafting community based around ACE’s Facebook page goes beyond talking about what they had for lunch or the latest picture of their miniature fainting llama or what Slim Whitman tune they’re listening to on Pandorify.
ACE’s Facebook friends love one thing, pure and simple: White water rafting on West Virginia’s best rivers.
Just take a look at the list of the top 10 Facebook posts (based on number of “likes”) from 2011:
- Raise your hand if you’d rather be rafting. 8/20/2011
- Raise your hand if you *wish* you were on the Gauley right about now 10/10/2011
- If you could, would you “accidentally” hit Facebook with a T-Grip right about now? 9/21/2011
- Happy First Day of Gauley Season. 9/9/2011
- Raise your hand if you wish you were wearing neoprene right now. Cause, y’know, it’s a Gauley Day 9/30/2011
- Bridge Day Photos 10/15/2011
- Raise your hand if you think your kid would rather be rafting than be at school? 8/15/2011
- Raise your hand if you’re the trip organizer. 6/28/2011
- T or F: Rafting is better the louder you yell in the rapids? 8/31/2011
- Raise your hand if you’re coming up for a Gauley trip 09/06/2011
Apparently friends of ACE enjoy themselves some Gauley River rafting. And, really, who can blame them?