If you’re going white water rafting on the New River in West Virginia, you want to know what’s waiting for you. Here’s the lowdown on the top 5 rapids …
- Surprise– (Class III) At optimum flows, huge waves lead down into a really, really huge breaking wave.
- Double Z– (Class V) In the summer, it’s big and technical. In the spring, try to avoid Beury’s Hole and its house-high foam pile.
- Miller’s Folly– (Class IV) The longest rapid on the river, and when you’re done, you can see the New River Gorge bridge.
- Keeney’s– (Class V) It’s actually 3 rapids, but together, they make one ginormous one.
- Fayette Station– (Class IV) The rapid right under the bridge, this roller coaster wave train is the perfect way to finish a river trip.
So, this is what *we* think. What about you? Let us know in the comments.