Spring has sprung in the New River Gorge in West Virginia.
Whale Hole, freakin’ huge
best leave that thing alone
New River in spring
No. We’re talking about the poetry form. Nature is what haiku is all about so it seems the perfect way to herald the beginning of the 2012 adventure season in West Virginia. You see, here at ACE, we’re already rafting on the New River and the zip lines are running.
To celebrate, we’re holding a contest for all you ACE-heads out there who want to ring in spring with a simple verse.
The rules are straightforward:
- Your Haiku must consist of three lines (line one: 5 syllables; line two: 7 syllables; line three: 5 syllables) Check out that first haiku for guidance.
- It must be posted in the comments section below.
- Subject: anything to do with spring and getting outside here in West Virginia.
- Bonus points for humor.
- Enter as many times as you like.
- We’re looking for the best PG haiku you can muster so keep everything on the up and up. Anything over the top will be disqualified and removed.
- This is an entirely subjective process with the winner determined by ACE Adventure Resort or that dude who rides past our office on his moped every day.
- Contest closes Friday, March 30 2012 at 11:59 pm
- Have fun.
What do you win?
We were wondering when you’d ask. The winner receives their choice of a single day New River rafting trip for two (Upper or Lower New) OR a Zip Line tour for two.
Oh yeah, and the confidence that you rock the haiku form.
We leave you with this for inspiration:
may your haiku verse
blossom like redbud branches
lining New River